The Ursuline Centre opened its doors in 1912 to 151 students, boys
and girls in Kindergarten to 8th grade and girls only for High School.
The site was located on top of a knoll overlooking the Missouri River
and 4 mountain ranges. Today, the Academy serves as a memorial to
the group of Ursuline Sisters teaching order, who influenced many
young lives and helped shape the history of Montana.
We have experienced a transformation from being solely an educational
institution to our present function as a Retreat and Meeting Center,
home for 1 Sister, museum of Antiques and Indian Artifacts, but still
providing learning opportunities for 64 students through a Child Care
and Pre-School. The west wing on the 3rd and 4th floors that once
housed boarders has been converted into overnight accommodations for
up to 95 guests per night. The Ursuline prides itself in being an
Ecumenical facility that reaches out to all God's people no matter
the religious affiliation.
The Ursuline Centre, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991, serves as a reminder of earlier days but has changed with time to provide for the spiritual and educational needs of the people of Montana and the Northwest.